For the office in Düsseldorf our client is looking for an experienced Deputy Head of IT / Data Services
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic business in a pioneering stage, in which people are at the heart of everything we do. We live by our four core values – fun, sharing, courageous and sustainable – and we expect the same from our you. The goal is to make our dream in Germany come true.
The Deputy Head of IT / Data Services will be responsible for the IT Operations, Web and Back-Office Development, Project Management and Process Management, and organizing the day to day lottery operations.
He or she is a professional specialist in Process Management and execution, IT Operations and Software Development. This role will require travel both nationally and internationally on an occasional basis.
You have experience in managing teams and their team leads. You are experienced in recruitment, objective setting and performance reviews. You are comfortable talking to the business stakeholders, working closely with developers, project managers, and development teams.
You strive for innovation. You are familiar with, and see the value in, running services in the public cloud, IT Security, process design and optimization techniques, Agile project management, continuous integration and ITIL Service Management.
You must have direct experience working in one or more of these fields - Process Control, Development, Project Management, Service Management or IT Operations.
The right candidate for the role will be a verified IT professional, with a strong business mindset and proven Data services background from working in an international company. The person should have substantial experience of working with a broad spectrum of IT-issues, with great leadership skills and an interest in developing skills within the team. The Deputy Head of IT / Data Services must be very interested in business- oriented issues and be familiar with negotiations of contracts. The right candidate will be hands-on, driven, whilst being a team player with good social skills.
• Relevant experience with front and back-office technologies (E.g. JS, PHP, Java, EnterpriseDB) desirable
• Experience with in-house development of websites and databasesdesirable
• Experience working in a B2C e-commerce environment essential
• Experience with a subscription model via Direct Debit / Credit Cards and PayPal desirable
• Experience of Service Level Agreements and budget responsibility is essential
• Experience with securely maintaining and operating large consumer databases
• Excellent people management and people relation skills
• Excellent communication skills, German and English
• Business oriented and ability to participate in the bigger picture
• Ability to work in dynamic and pioneering environment
• Proactive and service oriented